Mexican Fish & Chips. And Greg Louganis.

There are quite a few strange looking foods over here across the pond.  The eggs don't quite look or taste like eggs and the bacon is oddly chewy.  But the weirdest thing I've run into by far is this green looking stuff served as a side dish with all kinds of different entrees.  At first I thought it was guacamole that came with my fish and chips.  Turns out it wasn't guacamole at all but mushy peas!  I'm not the biggest fan of whole peas, let alone ones that are mushy.  I think I'd rather just have had the guac....


Sticking with the food and drink theme.....

Ever wonder how all these NBC folks manage to get more than five thousand hours of coverage on the air?  Lots and lots of coffee.  We have our own Starbucks inside the broadcast center -- the line here is longer than lines to get into some Olympic venues :)


Switching gears entirely, I am working on a short piece on Greg Louganis.  The 4-time gold medalist has remained out of the diving spotlight since his last Games in Seoul in 1988.  He now has a role as a mentor with USA Diving.  NBC Weekend Today and Nightly News anchor Lester Holt was the reporter for this story.  I've worked with Lester for four Olympics now and he is such a pro.  Truly talented reporter, very nice guy, and a helluva bass player on the side!  As for Louganis, he looks terrific for his age (52!) and it was really cool to catch up with him.  He is a big fan of yoga and taught Lester a few moves.  It was a fun shoot.  Airdate is on Friday at 7:30 during The Olympic Zone!









5 comments:

Sarah P said...

Sheila - it's so fun to read your blog! Speaking of food...if you have some down time go to Brick Lane and get Indian food! Also, buy some chocolate and caramel digestives cookies, they are the best flavor :)

Unknown said...

Setting the DVR now!

So, what is wrong with the eggs, exactly? Wrong color?

sue said...

1. Gross. 2. Louganis looks amazing. And rhymes with Uranus. 3. But what became of Tan Liangde?! I hope that will be explored as well.

Anonymous said...

It's fun to live vicariously thru your posts. I'm sure there is plenty of not-so-fun behind the scenes stuff but it sure seems like a pretty awesome gig - seeing neat places, meeting interesting and iconic people and working with folks who are as cool in real life as they seem on tv.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! I love Greg! And what do you mean - "for his age????" LOL!

Donna