Afternoon Tea....at Ten in the Morning

This morning I produced a short vignette with MSNBC reporter Tamron Hall enjoying classic British afternoon tea.  We had to shoot a few pickup shots of her walking on the London streets.  She was having trouble with her microphone, and our audio tech Joe had to do some adjusting .  I couldn't resist the opportunity to take this picture :)


Every now and again producers ask the production assistants ("P-A's") to come with us on shoots.  Since PA's are stuck inside the broadcast center with the thankless job of logging interviews, digitizing tapes and pulling archival footage for our stories, it's nice to get them out into the sunlight once in a while.  Today I brought along the 22-year old pictured here.  She is from St. Louis and just graduated from Boston College.  About 3 days into my stint here I learned that her dad was kind of a big deal at NBC. Her name?  Taylor Costas.


Lastly, I want to give a shoutout to Philly Comcast Sportsnet reporter Marshall Harris.  He was invited by NBC to work as a correspondent on Sportsdesk.  And he's been busting his hump since he landed in London.  You can see him tonight at 7:30 on The Olympic Zone in our piece on the journey of the pole vault athletes' equipment where he's much livelier than he is in the picture below :).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still lovin' your blog!

Donna Heatwole

Anonymous said...

LOVE the stories...and that dude has the *nicest* nails I've seen on a man in years. Have fun, Sheila!
-traci jackson