Annie's 15 Minutes

Those of you who live near me have seen this commercial a zillion times. Some of you even star in it. But for my friends who live outside the Newschannel 13 viewing area, I thought you might enjoy my mother's television debut. Don't blink! (PS - It should come as no surprise that Annie was a trooper on the set, despite her daughter's bossy direction :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She clearly stood out. I thought her performance was believable and a breath of fresh air. I'll be looking for her seated next to Jack Nicholson at the Oscars next year.... But tell her to stay far away from Gary Busey.

Robyn said...

Captivating! I'm gonna have a smile on my face all day, thinking about that performance.

Carcich said...

Taking nothing away from your mother, I would contend that Steve's "Man watching TV eating breakfast cereal" performance is what takes this to another level...

Sheila said...

Carcich - Steve was so impressive, he made it into another version of this spot (where he does a "getting out of bed and stretching" routine). Talk about talent.

Anonymous said...

The riveting "hand slapping alarm clock scene" was perhaps one of my best performances. Despite the director's many, many retakes, I was able to stay focused in my roll as "man waking up to watch Phil and Paul in the morning"!

Sheila said...

Steve, you can't limit the number of takes when perfection is what you're after! C'mon!