Oscar Recap

Generally speaking last night's broadcast of the Academy Awards was one long snoozefest.  Still, there were some things worth noting:
O is for "Once", my favorite movie from 2007 and the source of one of the more touching moments in last night's show when the so-called "indie that could" won best song.
S is for Swinton, as in Tilda who pulled a huge upset in the supporting actress category.
C is for calm, cool, collected, and not so coincidentally, Clooney.
A is for awkward which is the only way to describe the exchange between Ryan Seacrest and Gary Busey on the red carpet pre show.
R is for rat's nest which is what was perched atop Calista Flockhart's head.  (R is also for really high which is how far the opening slit went in screenwriter Diablo Cody's dress)
S is for surgery.  Does anyone else think Jennifer Garner has had a little work done around the eyes?  She's looking mighty tweaked these days.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly don't see your Jennifer Garner observation. I even went back to look at photos, and still don't see the telltale signs.

Can we talk about Helen Mirren for a minute? I think her gowns have outshone all others for the last two years. I wish I looked that good now, let alone when I'm her age.

Sheila said...

Mirren is magnificent and always manages to be funny which I like. No one else sees the Jennifer Garner thing either, but I'm convinced that girl had some work done. Her eyes are squinty and stretched!!

Jim said...

I wanted the major networks to break in with footage from the Gary Busey vampire attack on Jennifer Garner. I think I rewound and watched that six times. Hilarious.