A Regular Cliff Claven

When you're trapped inside a sports arena for a full day doing interviews with athlete after athlete, and you know you've got to stay there until every athlete is interviewed, and most of them don't show up on time and instead keep you waiting and waiting and waiting (well into the crew's planned meal break - not a good thing), what's the most important thing you can have at your disposal?  No, in addition to a lot of patience.  An entertaining camera man!  Lucky for me that's exactly what I had yesterday as we waited to interview 20 or so mixed martial artists on the eve of a big fight night in San Jose.  Danny Z made the hours seem like minutes.  I'll give you a few highlights of some of his tantalizing trivia.  

Do you know the four U.S. presidents who aren't buried on U.S. soil?  

Or.....the four states whose capital city starts with the same first letter as the state name?  

Or....the first man-made object to break the sound barrier?  

Or....the only sport where you can't play with your left hand, just your right?  I confess here and now that I only answered one of these questions correctly.  How did you do?  (No cheating!)

5 comments:

Rob said...

I got two of those.


SPOILER ALERT! Do not read....


whip (or bullwhip) and polo

Sheila said...

Something tells me you were 4-for-4, Madeo, and just not admitting it...

Anonymous said...

How am I supposed to cheat when you don't give the answers!!! Help!

Sheila said...

I suppose you've waited long enough!

1. George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George H. Bush, Jimmy Carter.

2. Honolulu, Hawaii; Oklahoma City, OK; Dover, Delaware; Indanapolis, Indiana

3. whip

4. polo

Anonymous said...

Oh that first one is just sneaky!