Just Plain Nuts

Whenever somebody does something stupid my dad likes to say "they've got rocks in their head."  If that's the case then Kevin Robinson's got a noggin chock-full of concrete.  

On Thursday he'll attempt to soar into the record books by clearing the height of a six-story building....on his BMX bike.  (Yes, there actually is a world record for height in the air on a BMX bike.)  I'm not exactly sure how much money this kid is getting to do this, but I'm not sure any amount could even get me into the crane contraption that takes you to the top of the drop in.  I've been listening to soundbites from his practice runs in an attempt to produce features to fill Thursday's hour-long TV show (quite a challenge since the actual jump itself is likely to take all of 90 seconds), and he says understated things like "dude, this is scary" and "dude, it's really fast down that ramp" and "dude, I hope I don't die."  Dude, neither do I. 

(These are pictures of the custom-built ramp K-Rob will use to try to make history.  If you'd like to see if he actually does it, tune into MSG Network and/or EXPN on Thursday night at 7:00.)

  

1 comment:

Steve-O said...

Gee, those shipping containers stacked on top of one another look super stable!! I hope you're going to be standing well off to the side in case those things topple! Do you know where you're going to park while you are in NYC?