Top Ten TV Characters of All Time, Go!

It didn't take long for me to steal this blog idea. Here are my picks in no particular order:
10. Jim Halpert, The Office.
9. Josh Lyman, The West Wing. Bitingly sarcastic and vulnerable.
8. Felicity Porter, Felicity.
7. Billy Chenowith, Six Feet Under. What a creepy dude.
6. Charles Emerson Winchester the Third, M*A*S*H. Any character from M*A*S*H warrants a spot on this list, but Charles' arrogance made me laugh the most.
5. Caroline Ingalls, Little House on the Prairie. She cooked, she cleaned, she sewed. Heck, in one episode she cut off her wounded leg in order to save her own life. That Caroline was one strong gal.
4. Abby Lockhart, ER.
3. Niles Crane, Frasier. People say Niles was annoying. I think that's why I liked him so much.
2. Trouty, My Boys. I can't explain this character, you have to see him in action to believe him.
1. Eric Taylor, Friday Night Lights. Women view him as the perfect husband, children as the perfect father, football players as the perfect coach. Eric Taylor is the man.
Honorable mentions: Riggins, Friday Night Lights. Carrie Bradshaw, SATC. Alex P. Keaton, Family Ties. Any of the Sweathogs from Welcome Back, Kotter.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that poor Jim Halpert only made it to #10!! Where's the love, Sheila?

I have to disagree on a few here.

1 -- Eric Taylor is the bees' knees, but Tami Taylor clearly out-shines and out-argues him in all domestic disputes. She should be NUMERO UNO.

2 -- You're the only person I know that still watches ER. Nobody past Mark Greene should've ever made it onto this list.

3 -- Where the hell is Sawyer or John Locke from Lost?

4 -- Carrie Bradshaw = nails on a chalkboard

See? I knew your blog would be fun!

Carcich said...

Good list. Here are my 2 cents:
1) Veronica Mars
2) Kramer (I know, I know you NEVER watched an episode)
3) Nurse Colleen McMurphy, China Beach
4) Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable, Cosby Show
5) Homer Simpson

Honorary Mention-
Julia Salinger, Party of Five

Jim said...

Dude, Richard "Boner" Stabone from Growing Pains?? Hellooo!!!

Sheila said...

Kim, you aren't the only one who blasts me for watching ER ;). Carcich, I have a tough time figuring out which of the five Salinger children I hate the most. Hymes, major points for remembering Boner.

Robyn said...

Dude, Kevin Arnold. C'mon. The kid OWNED coming-of-age on "The Wonder Years." You just felt so bad for him in every episode.

(PS - It's about damn time with this thing!....) :)

Anonymous said...

Kevin Arnold's a good one.

And I have another: David Addison. Still the high point of Bruce Willis's career.

Anonymous said...

What about:

Vinnie Delpino -- Doogie Howser, M.D.
Reverend Jim Ignatowski -- Taxi
Alfonso Spears - Silver Spoons
Andrea Zuckerman - 90210
Jody Banks -- Fall Guy
Tasha Dexter -- V.I.P.

-T

Anonymous said...

Great list, but I raise you one Lorelai Gilmore. One of the best female characters ever. Certainly up there with Ma Ingalls. Commence anti-Gilmore Girls sentiment now!

Robyn said...

Why do I have no recollection of Ma Ingalls sawing off her own leg?

Pauls - Never saw a single episode of 'Gilmore Girls.' (Also... Hi!) :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Robyn! It's not too late to catch Gilmore Girls fever. Repeats are on weekdays on ABC Family!