Dirk of Deutschland

Humor me for a moment while I give a quick nod to one of my pseudo-celebrity crushes.  He's playing right now in the NBA All-Star game (yes, I'm one of the four people in the country actually watching this thing).  Of course I'm talking about seven-foot German power forward Dirk Nowitzki. I know what you're thinking....Dirk Nowitzki?? But ever since I saw him in a behind-the-scenes feature on the Dallas Mavericks four years ago I've been obsessed with the guy. (Though it's not entirely clear why -- the only specific thing I remember about that feature was Dirk standing behind the team owner and inconspicuously holding a rubber duck over the owner's head. Apparently I'm easily impressed.)  It's true the league's reigning MVP isn't every girl's cup of tea - my friend Ellen refers to him as a "beast" - but female fans at American Airlines Center go nuts over the blond bomber every time he drives to the hoop or hits a foul shot.  (Incidentally, he's an impressive 87% from the line this season).
I hear he dates a leggy German supermodel who resembles Heidi Klum. Other than that I think I've got a real shot with the guy ;)

2 comments:

Amy said...

sometimes it frightens me how much like Mike you are -- your top 10 characters could have been his -- especially with Eric Taylor, MASH and ER (he still watches, too). AND, he was watching the all star game last night.. I believe he DVR'd it to be exact! :)

Sheila said...

Yeah, but I doubt Mike tuned in to the game to swoon over Dirk Nowitzki :)