Now What?

As most of you already heard from my most recent Facebook update, I am suffering an Olympic-sized hangover.  Something about working hard for 21 straight days, and then not working at all will do that to you.  But it's also the realization that I'm no longer in the throes of arguably the most popular international phenomenon around.  I'll carry many memories with me from Vancouver 2010.   Here are some of the most vivid:

  • The wacky weather of Whistler.  Here I am on a shoot when visibility was pretty poor and it was downright cold.   


Twenty-four hours later, again on a shoot, it was absolutely gorgeous.


  • The 4-man bobsled.  Can't say enough about how this event unfolded in the course of 2 days.  There were many stories that came from the sliding venue during the Games, none as wonderful as when USA took home gold. 



  • The ridiculously complex system of recycling in Canada.  There were no less than 5 different bins for garbage in our office.  I don't think I ever put the right thing in the right bin.  And from the last picture, apparently someone noticed.  




  • And finally, good times with colleagues-turned-friends.  I see many of these people just once every couple years.  But every time it's like picking up right where we left off.  I would never leave the comforts of home to spend weeks at a time on the road working like a dog if it weren't with people like this.  They make it not just tolerable, but even fun. 
Thanks to everyone back home who took the time to read this blog.  It's nice to know you were all supporting me, the Games, all of it.  Who knows.....maybe I'll start this thing back up again from London in 2012 :). 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My girl Sachtjen, telling it like it is....=)

Kostyn and Evan's Grammy said...

Thankyou Sheila, for the wonderful insight to these Olympics. We enjoyed every minute we could of the events and your postings added the cream on top. Please do post more often on anything in general.
Mrs. R