The 4-man bobsled competition starts tonight! I'll be cheering for the USA1 sled, otherwise known as the "Night Train". A couple of the guys from this team helped me out with a shoot the other day which involved a behind-the-scenes look at the USA House. That's where athletes hang when they aren't on the track and don't feel like being in the middle of the village. It's a private residence, but the owner "loaned" it to the U.S. Olympic committee for the month -- for quite a fee I'm sure! They moved all the furniture out and made it the athletes' home away from home. Here's the exterior:
....and the super decked-out commercial grade kitchen.....
Here's "Night Train" driver Steve Holcomb mugging for the camera
And his teammate Steve Mesler (Buffalo boy!) also enjoying the gourmet fare
If these pictures don't look "normal" to you, it's because I didn't actually take any still photos during this shoot. These are just frames of the video we shot. The guys were so generous to help me out with my story that I didn't want to intrude by asking them to pose for shots for me (when all I really wanted to do was take one with them!) Not sure if this piece will see the light of day, but I recommend you tune in to the bobsled competition anyway. These guys are tons of fun!




3 comments:
Thanks for letting me be Executive Producer for the day. I liked the 2-shot, and it was good that we took care of the b-roll early. Your idea for the cutaway was sensational. Too bad there was no room for a tracking shot.
Ha Ha!
In reality -- "Sit here, stay out of the shot, and don't say a word".
Good going, Sheila! You are finally able to train him. We all know I failed!
Hope you got to sample some of that food. It looks incredible!
I don't know which is more entertaining ... Sheila's post or TJ's comment.
So jealous and so happy for you guys, all at the same time.
Post a Comment