
People tend to get the wrong idea about my job sometimes. It's true that I work in television and I cover sports and I get to travel around and meet cool and interesting folks, but it isn't always so glamorous I always say. When they raise their eyebrows I remind them that I was once stuck for a week in Utica, New York covering curling, and then they begin to understand. This weekend, though, was a huge exception. I had the chance to travel to a part of the country I've never seen -- just outside Zion National Park in Utah -- to cover an extreme mountain biking event. It's no joke when I tell you this was the gnarliest (yes, I just used that word) event I've ever seen. Check it out for yourself (this guy didn't make it too far down the hill - but he did walk away which, unfortunately, is more than some of the riders can say....)
3 comments:
What an amazing and dramatic section of this grand old country we live in...maybe not as amazing and dramatic as that dude's slam (ouch!!!), but it's pretty incredible.
You listening to Daft Punk? Do they do that gay techo song that was in an ipod commercial? (The one that sounds like a robotic chipmunk singing???)
That reminds me of the best line in Napolean Dynamite.
Take it off any sweet jumps?
-T
Dude, WTF with the dis on Utica? They make beer there. Or at least they used to. What's Queensbury known for again?
I believe carchich is referring to "Technologic" (plug it, play it burn it, rip it, eat it, swallow it, barf it). Also used in a recent Lincoln commercial.
Post a Comment