A Serious Lack of Shuteye


An overnight edit session is an overnight edit session - it doesn't matter what country you are in.  I've pulled 3 all-nighters since I've been here which means staying up through the wee hours and well into the morning, 24-plus hour shifts, to meet deadline.  A 2 hour catnap and it was back at it.  Thankfully, none of these all-nighters were back-to-back.  Also, I had anticipated many more than 3 of them, so I feel like I was ahead of the game.  No matter how you slice it though, overnight edit sessions suck.  

If only I had an arrangement like Dick Ebersol, the Executive Producer of these Games and a constant presence here at the IBC where I work.  He is here all the time.  So much so, they build special sleeping quarters for him inside the IBC:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dare say that is not the first time you have fallen asleep on the floor next to a garbage can.

Thanks for the video...sounds like you should be hunting wabbits.

-T

Kristen said...

That was hilarious Sheil!

Miss you!

the dog said...

I couldn't tell if that photo of you sleeping was from the Beijing Olympics or actually a stock photo from the 1995 Big East Tournament...nevertheless, a tremendous job by you producing a lot of great material...now get your shit together and interview for the co-hosting job alongside Mike Francesa on the FAN....it's either that, or forever be Otis Livingston's personal assistant. Get home safely. Much to discuss when you get back.

Anonymous said...

I SAW YOUR NAME, I SAW YOUR NAME , I SAW YOUR NAME ON THE TV !!! WOW, And I knew her when she was..... thinking of stardom. Between you, Kostyn's Mommy always being published and Anne-Marie doing commercials, I'm sure the Red Carpet is next for me because I know all these Great people.
Good job, Sheila. Safe trip home.

Rob said...

I'm getting some of those signs for outside my office...

Anonymous said...

What are you clutching in your hands? A bag of Doritos?