Fashion Faux Pas


Boy am I hating that new trend in women's fashion that just won't seem to go away. It's that smock/baby doll look where every top you see at the stores looks like its part of a circus clown's uniform. Women may be slaves to fashion, but in my case I just desperately needed some new clothes. So some of these baby doll tops found their way into my wardrobe at the beginning of the season and are now coming back to haunt me.

Take this exchange I had yesterday at the building where I'm currently working. The elevators at this place are deathly slow, and since I only work on the 6th floor, I asked the security guard where the stairs were. He explained they were around the corner and to the right. Then he said "Impressive, pregnant and taking the stairs!" Once I got my jaw off the floor I glared at him and in annoyed tone said "I'm not pregnant, thank you. But as soon as I get home I AM throwing out this shirt!"

Hey Robyn, need any new maternity clothes?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a perfectly awful story. What an idiot. I'm sorry.

But I must say the trend is pretty convenient for us pregnant women. I'm 9 mos. pregnant and wearing one of those tops today -- and it's not maternity!

After hearing your story, however, you can bet your life I won't be wearing it a day after this freakin' baby is born!

Anonymous said...

Shoot. I just bought one too.

Robyn said...

Oh, Sheil, that's tragic.
The story is, too.

;)

Robyn said...

P.S. - Yeah, I'll take it! ;)

Anonymous said...

Whatever Conolly...you ROCK.