Ladies, got any insight on where I can find this elusive non-trench-coat, non-jean-jacket, non-logo-embroidered, cute spring coat????
Stuff We Acquired Gratis
Know what I desperately need? No. Besides a haircut. A spring coat. I've needed one for nearly a decade now. But I can't for the life of me find one. So on days when it's too warm to sport a parka but too cool to go without outerwear, I resort to putting on a ridiculous freebie of a fleece I got at a work event a number of years ago (known in the industry as SWAG). Don't get me wrong, this is probably one of the best pieces of SWAG I own, and not just because it isn't a baseball hat. It's one of those expensive Titanium wind jackets made by Columbia, and it's perfect for work - location shoots, keeping warm in cold edit suites, etc. It's just that with the huge NBC peacock embroidered on the front and the fact that it doesn't exactly fit me - hey, it was free, remember? - let's just say it's not the most fashionable item in my closet. And these days that's saying a lot. How I have the nerve to keep wearing this thing out to dinner, to bars, even just to the mall is beyond me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This reminded me of two things. 1. The post I just wrote on my own blog. and 2. That horrible, yet awesome, bright yellow raincoat Chris got from The Weather Channel for being their "editor" at TV Data. Remember that thing??? Coolest/worst SWAG ever. I'd never seen such a heavy-duty, you-can-wear-this-in-a-hurricane raincoat with a trendy but useless corduroy collar where a hood should be. Idiots, I tell ya.
He still has it.
I once spent two hours removing an embroidered Oprah logo from a hooded Gore-Tex Lands End pullover.
Let me tell you what's even MORE impossible. Finding a spring jacket for a pregnant woman. They don't exist, I tell you! Drove me nearly mad.
Rob - That definitely sounds worth the effort. The big blue "Weather Channel" logo on my husband's raincoat is ever-so-cheesy.
Post a Comment