As my favorite blogger for the Dallas Mavericks often writes, it's time to make the donuts. Here's a baker's dozen....
Donut 1: Three different people in the last week have asked me about visiting New York City. I gave them recommendations on what shows to see and where to eat. But I forgot to tell them about how to find the cheapest place to park. (Thanks to Rob for introducing me to this helpful site!)
Donut 2: The latest sign that I'm a masochist -- My folks and I are considering going in on a 2-family house together. Something for them to crash in when they aren't at Schroon Lake, something for me that's better than my current rental in the ghetto. So far such a property doesn't exist. But I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Donut 3: Speaking of Schroon Lake.....is it too early to be excited about Memorial Day weekend? I've never longed for The Lake more in my life.
Donut 4: Forget about seeing "Forgetting Sarah Marshall." I laughed but once during the film, and it was at a line that's in the trailer.
Donut 5: Speaking of trailers.....my cousin appears in the trailer for the latest Patrick Dempsey vehicle "Made of Honor." You know the scene where he's throwing a bunch of dinner plates up in the air like a circus clown? She's standing behind him. The length of time she's on screen makes Steve-O's and my mother's commercial appearances seem like feature length films. I'm just happy Jamie made it into the trailer because if these reviews are any indication, the movie looks like it blows.
Donut 6: ARE YOU WATCHING PLAYOFF HOCKEY???? If not, you definitely, definitely should be.
Donut 7: I think it's pretty good that I've stayed away from talking about American Idol on my blog so far. That's about to change soon. Consider yourself warned.
Donut 8: I'm reading this book (and by reading I mean picking it up every couple of months and skimming a page) called "The United States of Arugula" and it talks about how Americans adopt certain "it" foods. Sun-dried tomatoes were once an "it" food. My vote for "it" food of the moment? The pomegranate. That shit's everywhere.
Donut 9: Why do I think his wardrobe is the least of this kid's issues??
Donut 10: If you're a Mac geek like me you should visit this web site my friend TJ told me about. Especially if you're in the market for a non-Windows gizmo. The site dispels all sorts of rumors about the latest Apple gadget and explains why you should either buy it immediately or wait until the next upgrade.
Donut 11: Here's a cool idea for a drinking game -- watch the NBA studio show on TNT, and whenever Charles Barkley doesn't finish a sentence, take a drink. Quickest way to a buzz there ever was.
Donut 12: A shout-out to two of my pals from Villanova, who, after dating each other for 17 years (!!!) are finally tying the knot. I've never been more excited to attend a wedding. Congrats Doug and Sue!
Donut 13: Chocolate frosted. My absolute favorite.
5 comments:
Nice...I probably would was tried stretching that content over 13 different days.
caI'll ask the question that I'm sure is on all of our minds... Have you picked out your lawn chair yet?
As you can well imagine, there are many stipulations from all three parties involved in this potential real estate deal -- my number one priority is a double garage big enough for all my dad's spare boat parts.
The whole premise of that Made of Honor movie was flawed from the start. From what I gather, it is a romantic comedy from the male perspective with McDreamy as the main character. Now please ask yourself this question....what guy cares about going to see a romantic comedy? It is like marketing toothpaste to an Englishman.
Some thoughts. Chocolate frosted are da bomb. Flyers will take the championship. Sun-dried tomatoes make me gag. Charles Barkley may be inarticulate but he cracks me right up. Congrats to Sue and Doug! And just how long are you going to live with this fantasy that Mom and Dad will buy you real estate?!
Post a Comment