From the "that's-not-exactly-what-I-said" department, I submit part of a casual conversation I had today with the executive producer I'm currently working with:
Him: "Do you want kids someday?"
Me: "I'm not sure. It's hard for me to imagine my life with children, but I never say never."
Him: "I gotcha, I hear what you're saying -- it's not like it would bother you if you got pregnant right now."
Whuh??
10 comments:
Please revise this version of the story. There wasn't a "Whuh??", there was a girl who nearly spit out half her mouthful of salad in shock of the comment...
That is a big WTF moment.
"Right now."
"It's not like it would bother you if you got pregnant right now."
Worst pickup line EVER.
One more line would have made this story complete.
Me: "I like the name Shiloh."
See, the funny part is that it wasn't meant to be a pickup line (trust me, and ask Carcich, he knows this dude, there was no pick-up intention whatsoever). He just honestly thought it was a logical conclusion to draw from my answer. Which is why I nearly choked to death on chicken salad.
Yeah, I was kidding about the pickup line.
Still, the dude's social skills are a bit lacking.
Robyn - Now I'M the one who's a little dense =)
Not your fault; I broke the First Rule of Online Sarcasm, which is to always add a silly emoticon afterwards, just to make sure people get the joke.
:)
So, is this guy your boss? And I thought my supervisor was inappropriate.
Post a Comment