Like others before her, she protested when I showed up at her picnic on Saturday with the world's best margarita recipe (thank you Megan!) I don't do tequila, Amanda told me. I tried to explain that this isn't like the tequila shot you did on your 21st birthday. Go ahead, I urged her. Just try a sip. A sip turned into a few more sips, and then a cry for seconds, and then a wave of panic that I should have brought more than 2 batches. I'm telling ya - mix up a pitcher of these babies and I guarantee they will be the hit of your cinco de mayo party this coming weekend. Tell me how many tequila converts you make.
12 oz. Frozen Limeade
12 oz. Lemon-Lime seltzer
12 oz. Corona
12 oz (or a bit less if you want people to remain standing) Tequila
Mix in a pitcher, pour over ice. Enjoy.
4 comments:
Sheila's right. It's a great recipe. In fact if it's a nice day on cinco de mayo we may have one(or two) in our driveway in our plastic lawn chairs! Hey, we may even go out there if it's raining!
Aww, man, I've totally been skimping -- I thought the recipe was for HALF a Corona! I'm going to make this stronger, "authentic" version on Monday.
Now that you mention it, Rob, I think you're right - I think the original recipe did call for half a Corona. But I think I got tired of trying to remember which ingredients had which proportions and decided to make it equal parts of all the stuff!
Wow -- That is a much better recipe than the margaritas I had on Monday night. My recipe consisted of:
1 bottle wine
12 oz. Tequila
I somehow forgot the rest of the ingredients. Tuesday morning was quite fun. There is nothing like waking up feeling like you got stabbed in the back of the head.
I think that I will try your recipe next time!
-T
Post a Comment